The Kamo Rugby and Squash Club neighbours the Kamo Recreation Park at Butler Place, Kamo.
The Squash club has been in existence since 1974 – a relatively recent addition in the proud history of the rugby club.
The club has three courts. Bar and kitchen facilities are shared with the rugby club, and are open for squash tournaments and events, rugby fixtures, and some Friday nights, for meals and socialising.
The club caters for social and competitive play, members often competing in weekend tournaments throughout the North. Kamo teams feature in the local interclub, and regularly travel to National Superchamps events. Club members can book courts for games outside organised club events.
Check our facebook page for news and info.
Club nights run between mid February and October as follows:
- Seniors Mondays and Wednesdays 6pm onwards.
- Juniors Mondays 3.30 to 5. 30 for Primary School (8 and up)
- Senior Juniors – Secondary School – Wednesday 4.30 to 6pm
- Small Nix sessions – special fundamental skills based lessons with a squash focus for 5 – 8 year olds are offered at varying times.
- Mid Week squash 9am to 11am are organised depending on demand.
During the off season a teams competition is run, and senior club nights continue on a more casual basis.
We welcome visitors to our great tournaments – an Open Grade tournament is run in combination with the Ivan Pohe Memorial Doubles tournament, we host a Junior tournament which is part of the Northland-wide junior tournament series, and the Northland Masters is usually in early August.
Thanks to the following businesses for their regular support:
- Britt’s Home Comforts
- Phil Durham Electrician
- Boundary Hunter
- Wild Poppy
- Huanui Orchards
- Craigs Firestone
- Lifestyle Laundromat
- Stirling Sports Whangarei
- Kamo Hammer Hardware
- Maori Boy Glassware
- Annie-gator Squash Coach
- Pub Charity
- Oxford Sports Trust