Hosting Tournaments – Roles of the Host Clubs and Squash Northland.
For all regular tournaments:
Host Club is responsible for:
- Organising sponsorship (if desired/required)
- Event advertising (preparation of poster etc)
- Receiving entries (and entry fees)
- Seeding players and Preparing Draws
- Posting draws on iSquash (preferred method of draw construction)
- Advising players of first playing times
- Providing quality balls and clean courts and changing rooms
- Recording all results and inputting those to the iSquash system
- Providing prizes, and holding prizegiving at the end of event
- Having food and refreshments available for participants to purchase
- Advising Squash Northland of number of junior and senior entrants competing at the event
- Write an article about the event for publication (if desired)
Squash Northland will:
- Promote the tournament via website and email channels
- Liaise with tournament organisers to ensure everything is under control
- Endeavour to use stories, photos or other information to report the event to print and social media and website channels
For Senior Player Series Tournaments:
In addition to the above the host club is responsible for:
- Ensuring player series entrants, who enter before entry closing time, are included in the draw (ie. Cannot be balloted out)
- Arranging the draw for the $100 cash spot prize for series entrants who are participating at the event.
- Providing the $100 cash spot prize
- Informing Squash Northland of the winners of the spot prizes and ensuring Squash Northland has access to the full competition results.
In addition to the above, Squash Northland will:
- Provide the host club with a list of all entrants in the player series
- Update the Player series results after results have been transmitted by the host club.
- Promote the tournament results via appropriate media channels.
For Northland Regional Events:
In addition to regular tournaments above, the host club is responsible for:
- Meeting and understanding the requirements as stated in the Squash Northland Regional Event Policy
- Ensure that Squash Northland is recognised as a sponsor of the Regional event on posters and other promotional material – using correct logos etc.
- Invoicing Squash Northland for the Regional Event Support Payment as is applicable under current policy
- Prompt return of the event cups and promotional material to Squash Northland
In addition to regular tournaments above, Squash Northland will:
- Pay the Regional Event Support Payment to the host club, upon furnishment of the invoice relating to this payment by the host club
- Ensure the appropriate cups or trophies are available for the event prizegiving
- Ensure the Squash Northland banners and other promotional material are delivered to the club before the start of the event (wherever possible)
- Construct an article using results, photos and other information provided by the host club for promotion via appropriate media channels including print and online.